Chapter2：Planes and Directions in the Human Nervous System- Review Exercise 2.3
CA029 R2.3 1~13宜菁
1. Most brain slices are cut in one of three different planes, which are at right angles to each other.
大部分的大腦會被位於每ㄧ個人右角at right angles to each other的三種不同水平面切割。
2. Unilateral input to a brain structure is either contralateral or ipsilateral.
3. The coronal or frontal plane is perpendicular to both the horizontal and sagittal planes.
4. Any coronal section separates the anterior part of the brain from the posterior part.
5. Any horizontal section separates the ventral part of the brain from the dorsal part.
6. .Any sagittal section of the brain separates the left ear from the right ear.
7.The anatomy of the spinal cord is usually studied in a series of cross section.
8. All contralateral fibers must decussate.
9.In dogs, the direction toward the top of the head is referred to as dorsal.
10.In humans, the direction toward the back of the brain is referred to as posterior.
11. In dogs, the direction toward the back of the brain is referred to as posterior.
12.Toward the midsagittal plane is referred to as medial.
13.Away from the midsagittal plane is referred to as lateral.
CA029 R2.3 14~23凡均
14. The nose is anterior to the back of the head in humans.
15. The nose is anterior to the back of the head in dogs.
16. In primates, ventral parts of the brain are often referred to as inferior.
在靈長類內,大腦腹部部分經常偏向於較低referred to as (called) inferior
17. In humans, the tip of the nose is inferior, medial, and anterior to the eyes.
在人類, 鼻子的尖端是較低, 中間, 和向前對眼睛inferior, medial, and anterior to the eyes。
18. In primates, but not in other vertebrates, the direction toward the top of the head is often referred to as superior.
在靈長類, 但不是在其它脊椎動物, 方向往頭的上面是經常指較優秀者referred to as superior。
19. A section cut from the plane that divides the brain into equal left and right halves, is called a midsagittal section.
有一部分平面被切開了從劃分腦子成均等左右一半的 叫做midsagittal 部分。
20. A lesion to both sides of the brain is said to be a bilateral lesion.
21. A pathway from the right hand to the left side of the brain is said to be a contralateral pathway.
22.Posterior is also known as caudal.
23.Anterior is also known as rostral.
Anterior 是亦稱前部rostral 。