Translate into Chinese and find relevant materials on the web
Review Exercise 5.3
Without referring to Chapter 5,fill in each of the following blanks with the correct term from the chapter
.The correct answers are provided at the back of the book.
Carefully review the material related to your incorrect answers.
1. The brain is composed of the two cerebral hemispheres and the brain stem
2. The vagus nerve is the 10th cranial nerve；it is the longest cranial nerve and it conducts signals to and from the organs of the gut.
3. Together，the diencephalon，mesencephalon，metencephlon， and myelencephalon compose the brain stem
4. The toughest menynx is the dura mater
5. Connecting the third and fourth ventricles is the cerebral aqueduct
6. Cerebrospinal fluid flows through the subarachnoid space, the space between the arachnoid membrane and the pia mater.
7. The pia mater adheres to the surface of the central nervous system.
8. The spinal cord has no ventricles; instead,it has the central canal
10. The lateral ventricles are the two ventricles of the cerebral hemispheres.
11. The inner menynx is the pia mater
12. When babies are born with tumors near the cerebral aqueduct, hydrocephalus is often the result
13. The most posterior area of the brain stem is the myelencephalon
14. Tracts are to nuclei as nerves are to ganglia
15. There are 12 pairs of cranial nerves.
16. The corpus callosum is the largest cerebral commissure
17 The longitudinal fissure divides the two cerebral hemispheres.
18.The olfactory,optic, and vestibulocochlear nerves are the three pairs of purely sensory cranial nerves.
19. The motor fibers of the cranial nerves are considered to be part of the parasympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system.
20. Together, the two cerebral hemispheres compose the telencephalon
21. The trigeminal nerve is the 5th cranial nerve; it has three major branches， which carry signals to and from the face.
22. Tracts and nerves are composed mainly of axons
23. The two cerebral ventricles that are located on the midline of the brain are the third and fourth ventricles.
24. The plural of menynx is meninges